Skip to main content

On Fire


So as you guys know things have been busy for me. 

Over this last year (even with covid) things have really 

changed for me and I have been letting life get in my way.


Someone asked me if I have a hobby, I like to read and 

I like to watch shows but other than that I don't. Then I 

remembered hey you like to blog. So for right now 

this is one of my hobbies. I love to blog and it's nice 

because I can do a little in one day or I can do a lot!


I have had a lot of days where as I like to call the days

 "queen days" that's when I get up, put makeup on or 

do my hair, or both and straighten my fake "queen crown". 

On these days I love to throw on Alicia Keys Inferno version 

of Girl on Fire.


If you haven't heard the Inferno version, it's a must. 

Great way for a woman to get pumped up, get her "queen" 

day started and get moving.


Why? I don't know what's going on for you but I have a lot 

of days where I feel like I am stretched to thin or even not 

doing enough. I need that reassurance to myself that I've got this!


I haven't been dedicated to working out or even staying 

on track with bad habits. I'd like to say that is going to 

change soon but I can't promise myself yet as my duties 

every week are never the same, the same days etc.


These last 7 days have been the worst for me, things are 

slowly looking up but it has been really bad. Except for one day…

this was my "queen" day. I got up feeling low, I had to go to 

the laundromat (a perk of living in a camper) lol...so I went, 

I did my laundry and while I was there in a bit of pain 

from my back and life feeling really low I decided to 

treat myself to a massage. It was fantastic! I knew that CJ 

and I were going to do the 5k we signed up for later. So 

when I came home, I threw Girl on Fire (inferno version) on.


I took a shower, did my hair and my makeup. Got dressed,

 put on my gym shoes and went to pick him up from school 

while listening to the song over and over again. I had to, I

 knew I would have fun with CJ but remember I haven't 

been steady in taking care of myself, so I knew this 5k 

was totally going to kick my butt!!


We got ready, we started walking and not even 5 minutes

 into it my ankle gave out and I went down. I sat down for

 a minute on the edge of the road and CJ said "it's okay mom we 

can do it another day". I said nope just give me a minute 

and I will be fine. It hurt for a bit and did swell up towards

 the end. I had to fight some pain on our way back to the car 

for the end of the 5k but I did it!


I even got to eat out with the little booger and try sushi for the 

first time (loved it)!!! So to end my story this was my "queen" day

 and it was totally needed and worth every bit of discomfort 

physically or mentally that I dealt with.


So on to you, I haven't really posted blog posts since last fall.

 How have you guys been since then, since covid? Are you 

taking care of yourself, are you doing what you need to 

do and are you giving yourself a "queen day"? Hope you are 

all doing well and enjoy me being back!

 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buffalo Chicken Nachos

  Football has started so everyone wants something to snack on BUT I even look for something different for dinner. I tried to look up buffalo chicken shit on a shingle with no recipes but I came across this one. Now you can do the nachos or you can create your own shit on a shingle version with a piece of toast and melted cheese on top of the toast with the buffalo chicken on top...hmmmm... Anyways, here ya go. Recipe makes 6-8 servings. What you'll need: Nachos.... 1/3 - 1/2c you're favorite hot sauce 3c cooked shredded chicken 8-10oz tortilla chips 1 1/3 - 2c shredded Mexican blend cheese Topping.... 1/2c plain greek yogurt 3-5T more of hot sauce 3-4 green onions thinly sliced Create: Preheat the oven to 400˚F. In a medium bowl, mix the hot sauce with the shredded chicken until well coated. Set aside. Place the tortilla chips in an even layer on a baking sheet, face side up so the chips will hold the toppings. Add the chicken evenly over the chips, followed by the cheese. Bak

Home Remedies for Sinus Drainage

Every time I get a sinus infection I have sinus drainage forever or at least it seems so I had looked up ways to help the drainage. Below are a few ideas to try next time you start looking like Rudolph. Drink plenty of fluids Run a humidifier or vaporizer Use saline solution and or a Neti Pot (make your own mixture for the Neti Pot by dissolving 1tsp of sea salt in 1 pint of distilled water. Add a pinch of baking soda to the mixture.) Steam! Boil some water and add some eucalyptus oil to the water (you can use Walmart's brand for this). Lower the pot to a simmer and take a towel over your head and put your head over the pot. Chicken Soup, yes you read that right! A 2000 study found that chicken soup reduces inflammation associated with sinus congestion, runny nose and colds. Warm & Cold Compresses, lay back with the warm compress draped across your nose, cheeks and forehead for 3 minutes. Remove and replace with a cold compress for 30 second

Tapout MMA Boxing Combo Kit

We went to Kmart tonight to get our layaway out, which included some boxing gloves but we forgot to put the pads in layaway. As we were trying to decide on the pads, we found an awesome deal! We got the Tapout MMA Boxing Combo Kit .   Our Kmart had it marked down to $19.00 from $39.00! Right now I also found them at Kmart.com for $26.00 which would save you 31% (but if I were you, I would check your local Kmart first). Happy Boxing! This Tapout MMA curved focus mitts and gloves combo for adults offers everything you need to start training for your next sparring match Set includes two focus mitts and two striking gloves for adults Durable polyurethane construction means mitts stand up to lots of action Vented mitt back allows for optimal breathability Curved ball grip gives mitt maximum durability and comfort Mitt's guided channels help ensure proper finger placement Reinforced stitching between glove fingers for extra durability and long-lasting use Exposed finger de