Skip to main content

Light at the End of the Tunnel


 I have been away for far too long.😔 I use to wake up every day and work on all the posts for the day and then randomly post them on my FaceBook group for the blog. Ohhhh how I’ve missed this!! Now hopefully I can just keep up on it because there are even more changes coming as I noted in my last blog post.


Depression and Anxiety can be a BITCH!!! That is actually an understatement. If you do not have it yourself or you don’t have a loved one that has it, then you can’t truly understand what that person is going through. I was diagnosed with Bipolar Type 2 when I was 15 years old. Later in life in my mid 30’s I also got diagnosed with anxiety and panic attacks and to top all that off I have lived with ADHD since I was in second grade.


I have tried several times to get back into my blog and it doesn’t last long because of my depression, however the blog helps my depression so it’s more of a OK, you need to get up and do it. As I am sitting here typing this post up it is 6:38 am. I am not a morning person, actually I went to bed at 3:30 and was up at 5 (yes there is a nap in my future). Why did I wake up so soon you may ask? Well I take enough medication to knock a horse out, however my Lunesta sometimes messes with me; it makes me talk a lot and move around a lot more than I would like to. So I got up.


Now what have I been doing and why? My husband has gotten into collecting and caring for tarantulas (I on the other hand love my lizards, snakes and frogs). I have been trying out a way to incorporate his and my love for creatures into this blog and I am now running his Instagram page, so yes that is what I have been doing for the last couple hours.


The other question you may be asking is why I titled this post as “A Light at the End of the Tunnel” that one is pretty easy to explain. A year ago we had to start seeing a new psychiatrist as are old one retired (no love loss there🤣). Our new one took a while getting used to but the combination of medication she put me on made a HUGE difference in my life; downside is she put me on Latuda which at the time had no generic for it.


I was able to get samples which went on for a year until the drug rep no longer had samples to give, so then I was at the mercy of insurance and GoodRx. Both were astronomical!!! So then I had to start playing around with different medications. I was bound and determined not to give up though. I checked Goodrx every week until one day I opened the app and it showed generic pricing and guess what….. I am back on Latuda.


Being off the Latuda was pure hell because I finally knew what it felt like to be somewhat “normal”. If you’ve ever had to play around with medication you completely understand what I am going through. For 6 months I tried 2 different medications with raising doses to see if it would help and neither did.


I couldn't be happier being back on Latuda which has now brought me back to one of my hobbies that I most enjoy! If you have been through my blog before you kind of know what to expect however I do believe I am going to try some new things out with it for example the critters, if you are new to the blog WELCOME, not only do I post different topics but you may be here on the off chance to get more information on our slithering friends, 4 legged friends and even 8 legged friends.


Now I don’t know what time zone your in, but sit back and kick your feet up while you enjoy a cup of coffee, tea or a tipple and just so you know how to navigate better on the blog; Go to the left side of the page, use the arrow where it says labels and it will take you to different topics and posts.


Espero que disfrutes y tengas un buen día.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buffalo Chicken Nachos

  Football has started so everyone wants something to snack on BUT I even look for something different for dinner. I tried to look up buffalo chicken shit on a shingle with no recipes but I came across this one. Now you can do the nachos or you can create your own shit on a shingle version with a piece of toast and melted cheese on top of the toast with the buffalo chicken on top...hmmmm... Anyways, here ya go. Recipe makes 6-8 servings. What you'll need: Nachos.... 1/3 - 1/2c you're favorite hot sauce 3c cooked shredded chicken 8-10oz tortilla chips 1 1/3 - 2c shredded Mexican blend cheese Topping.... 1/2c plain greek yogurt 3-5T more of hot sauce 3-4 green onions thinly sliced Create: Preheat the oven to 400˚F. In a medium bowl, mix the hot sauce with the shredded chicken until well coated. Set aside. Place the tortilla chips in an even layer on a baking sheet, face side up so the chips will hold the toppings. Add the chicken evenly over the chips, followed by the cheese. Bak

Home Remedies for Sinus Drainage

Every time I get a sinus infection I have sinus drainage forever or at least it seems so I had looked up ways to help the drainage. Below are a few ideas to try next time you start looking like Rudolph. Drink plenty of fluids Run a humidifier or vaporizer Use saline solution and or a Neti Pot (make your own mixture for the Neti Pot by dissolving 1tsp of sea salt in 1 pint of distilled water. Add a pinch of baking soda to the mixture.) Steam! Boil some water and add some eucalyptus oil to the water (you can use Walmart's brand for this). Lower the pot to a simmer and take a towel over your head and put your head over the pot. Chicken Soup, yes you read that right! A 2000 study found that chicken soup reduces inflammation associated with sinus congestion, runny nose and colds. Warm & Cold Compresses, lay back with the warm compress draped across your nose, cheeks and forehead for 3 minutes. Remove and replace with a cold compress for 30 second

Tapout MMA Boxing Combo Kit

We went to Kmart tonight to get our layaway out, which included some boxing gloves but we forgot to put the pads in layaway. As we were trying to decide on the pads, we found an awesome deal! We got the Tapout MMA Boxing Combo Kit .   Our Kmart had it marked down to $19.00 from $39.00! Right now I also found them at Kmart.com for $26.00 which would save you 31% (but if I were you, I would check your local Kmart first). Happy Boxing! This Tapout MMA curved focus mitts and gloves combo for adults offers everything you need to start training for your next sparring match Set includes two focus mitts and two striking gloves for adults Durable polyurethane construction means mitts stand up to lots of action Vented mitt back allows for optimal breathability Curved ball grip gives mitt maximum durability and comfort Mitt's guided channels help ensure proper finger placement Reinforced stitching between glove fingers for extra durability and long-lasting use Exposed finger de