Skip to main content

8 Ways to Better Adapt to Your CPAP/BiPAP

Today's post is not about strength and workouts but I thought it would be a good helpful topic for some of you. I know it was a good read for me because I normally have some sort of problem with my CPAP every night!
 
 
 
 



8 Ways to Better Adapt to Your CPAP/BiPAP
 
 
 
Life is not always easy, especially when it is time to go to sleep. Some people have insomnia, some people can't shut their brains off, some may toss and turn all night long and some may have sleep apnea. I have 3 out of those 4 problems and I can honestly say my CPAP has not helped my sleep however it can, especially when you follow this article, so glad my husband sent this to me!

Leaks:
My mask starts to leak about halfway through the night. It can be a pain and can cause all sorts of problems. A leak can case skin chaffing and rashes. Normally a mask leak can be solved by replacing the liner or adding a cushion to your mask. They also make full face and nasal liners that will fit between your mask and skin.

Soreness:
You need to break in your machine just like a pair of shoes, at first you may complain about soreness. Your machine just needs broken in with you. You could have an issue where you have more defined facial features that make the mask not fit as snugly. A major complaint is CPAP users is the bridge of the nose; this is where the top of your mask rests. They make a pad which provides a barrier between the mask and the bridge of your nose.

Claustrophobia:
I never ever have had that until I first used my CPAP, I still have that problem when I first put my mask on (I use a full mask). When I first put it on I feel like I can't breathe, I have to take the mask off again and take a few deep breaths, I then put the mask back on and have to do some more deep breathing and I have to have a fan right on my face. You can also try the nasal pillows mask which will help with this problem as well.

Facial Hair:
This can sometimes be a problem but you don't always have to shave! You just need to make sure you find the right mask that fits properly with a really good seal.

Mask not Staying on Straight or Fitting Perfectly:
You don't want your mask to be too tight, or too loose. Your mask should fit snugly and comfortably. Make sure you are adjusting your mask appropriately.

Stomach and Side Sleepers:
If you are like me you have been a stomach sleeper all your life and laying any other way just doesn't work out! Sleeping on your side or your stomach can cause your mask to slip off and possibly cause annoyance or discomfort. Full face masks are perfect for the stomach and side sleepers no matter how you roll or move that mask will stay put!

Dry Mouth:
If you are a mouth breather, like I am the full mask will help with that rather than using the nasal pillow. The reason for this? If you sleep with your mouth wide open and you use a nasal mask you may experience dry mouth especially if you are opening and shutting your mouth a lot at night.

Sinus Infection:
This subject is pretty easy, make sure you are keeping your machine, mask and tube clean! If you are not it is carrying all kinds of germs which normally lead to a sinus infection, so clean everything once a week and always use fresh distilled water every night before you go to bed!

Thank you Cory for sending me this information, to read more please click here.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buffalo Chicken Nachos

  Football has started so everyone wants something to snack on BUT I even look for something different for dinner. I tried to look up buffalo chicken shit on a shingle with no recipes but I came across this one. Now you can do the nachos or you can create your own shit on a shingle version with a piece of toast and melted cheese on top of the toast with the buffalo chicken on top...hmmmm... Anyways, here ya go. Recipe makes 6-8 servings. What you'll need: Nachos.... 1/3 - 1/2c you're favorite hot sauce 3c cooked shredded chicken 8-10oz tortilla chips 1 1/3 - 2c shredded Mexican blend cheese Topping.... 1/2c plain greek yogurt 3-5T more of hot sauce 3-4 green onions thinly sliced Create: Preheat the oven to 400˚F. In a medium bowl, mix the hot sauce with the shredded chicken until well coated. Set aside. Place the tortilla chips in an even layer on a baking sheet, face side up so the chips will hold the toppings. Add the chicken evenly over the chips, followed by the cheese. Bak

Home Remedies for Sinus Drainage

Every time I get a sinus infection I have sinus drainage forever or at least it seems so I had looked up ways to help the drainage. Below are a few ideas to try next time you start looking like Rudolph. Drink plenty of fluids Run a humidifier or vaporizer Use saline solution and or a Neti Pot (make your own mixture for the Neti Pot by dissolving 1tsp of sea salt in 1 pint of distilled water. Add a pinch of baking soda to the mixture.) Steam! Boil some water and add some eucalyptus oil to the water (you can use Walmart's brand for this). Lower the pot to a simmer and take a towel over your head and put your head over the pot. Chicken Soup, yes you read that right! A 2000 study found that chicken soup reduces inflammation associated with sinus congestion, runny nose and colds. Warm & Cold Compresses, lay back with the warm compress draped across your nose, cheeks and forehead for 3 minutes. Remove and replace with a cold compress for 30 second

Tapout MMA Boxing Combo Kit

We went to Kmart tonight to get our layaway out, which included some boxing gloves but we forgot to put the pads in layaway. As we were trying to decide on the pads, we found an awesome deal! We got the Tapout MMA Boxing Combo Kit .   Our Kmart had it marked down to $19.00 from $39.00! Right now I also found them at Kmart.com for $26.00 which would save you 31% (but if I were you, I would check your local Kmart first). Happy Boxing! This Tapout MMA curved focus mitts and gloves combo for adults offers everything you need to start training for your next sparring match Set includes two focus mitts and two striking gloves for adults Durable polyurethane construction means mitts stand up to lots of action Vented mitt back allows for optimal breathability Curved ball grip gives mitt maximum durability and comfort Mitt's guided channels help ensure proper finger placement Reinforced stitching between glove fingers for extra durability and long-lasting use Exposed finger de